Monday, July 28, 2008

Work

So, I've been working on and off at the Aquatic Center (a local pool, that is also used by my school), as a swim instructor. But, today, I went in and I finally got some official hours and students!
Up until now, I've been subbing for instructors that couldn't show up. I've kept up with the unpredictable hours and just the whole hastle of never knowing when I'm going to work, simply because I love the job! It's one of those simple jobs that's really well suited for me. I love working with kids, I love swimming, I've got lots of great friends there, and my boyfriend ;). It's totally stellar.
Today, I went it at 8:45 (so early for summer time!) and I was given two classes, both are Goldfish, which is the lowest level we teach when it's just students with the instrutor. Below that are Shrimp and Jumbo Shrimp, which are parent-tot classes -- meaning, the parents are with the kids and we just advise the parents on what to do. The Goldfish age group is typically between 3 to 5. They're really cute! I also got a private lesson with a little boy who's done Goldfish about 5 times, because he's afraid to put his head under water, so he can't pass. I'm supposed to think of a "creative way" to get him to go under. My friend suggested I try telling him to blow bubbles with his mouth, then with his nose, and finally with his hair! :) If that doesn't work, I'm telling him the bottom of the pool is made of candy!

1 comment:

Rake said...

That's cute, you should tell me how that goes, which excuse worked! :)