Sunday, March 30, 2008

Renewal

It's been WAY too long, hasn't it?
Basically, my life is insanity on a stick.
Special thanks to RACHEL (love love love you) for making me come back.

Before I go into that,
some poetry by your's truly ...

Eyes Like Skies

Raindrops fall from crystal clear eyes,
Eyes like skies.
Cloudless depth,
Shimmering light.
Shadows cast over,
Shadow of night.

Raindrops pour from crystal clear eyes,
Eyes like skies.
Flash of thunder,
All the might.
Flash of pain,
Painful light.

Raindrops trickle from crystal clear eyes,
Eyes like skies.
Haze disappears,
Pure and white.
Skies let go,
And give up their fight.

Raindrops cease from crystal clear eyes,
Eyes like skies.
These eyes shine,
Eyes like mine.



I'm going to try to get it published in Loophole, our schools lit magazine! I'm pretty much really excited for that :)

Aside from that, it's nearly April. Which is supposed to mean light, springy rains. Walking around barefoot. Smelling springtime.
Instead, it's still fucking winter. It's still fairly cold, so I sit at home and drink hot chocolate under a blanket. Hopefully, once April comes, spring will actually set in. I would hate for it to be really cold on my birthday!! (3 May) My birthday has always been in happy, springy weather.
Also, coming up ... PROM! I talk about it too much, but my dress is so pretty. And my date (my boyfriend, naturally) is so amazing. And I'm really excited! If you couldn't tell from the way I'm talking about it, I'm an underclassmen, so it's a huge deal for me.
Third, school musical is going on. Vocal, dancing, and acting rehersals! All at once! It's always my favorite show, it's the most choatic, hectic time of my life. But it's also the most amazing, fantastic thing to put together.


I'll try to keep this up again!
I've missed it.

Love

2 comments:

Adrian said...

Hello Joasia! You have a great blog. Great design and great content. Many greetings, Adrian from Germany

Rake said...

Hey, so thanks so much. You're fucking adorable and I really like you and all the updates. Prom sounds fun, you'll have to show me pictures of your dress. I can't wait to hang out with you more when I come for a month in the summer. I'm bummed we didn't get to hang out more this CRAZY week! I love you soooooooooo much! :)